Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the mission and goals of the Linden Fund organization?
The mission of the Linden Fund is to play a meaningful role in the economic and social revitalization of the community of Linden, with a particular focus on education, health and diversification of the town’s economic base.
2. How does the Linden Fund intend to mobilize the Diaspora and resident community to get involved?
Each international entity of the Linden Fund is structured as a membership-based organization, to tap into the large blocks of Lindenites and supporters in the USA and Canada. A resident Linden Fund organization in Linden helps to identify community needs and assists in guiding the funding priorities of the Fund.
3. How do I become a member of the Linden Fund?
Each entity of the Fund is subject to the rules and laws of its respective county of origin, and therefore has its own membership criteria. You can find information on this website on becoming a member of LF USA, LF Canada or LF Guyana.
4. Can I make a financial contribution to the Fund but designate a particular purpose, e.g. support for a particular institution or project?
Yes. Donors can name specific initiatives when making a contribution.
5. Does the Linden Fund only accept monetary contributions?
No, the Linden Fund welcomes both monetary and non-monetary donations that fit its priorities on education, health and economic revitalization. Such donations can include new or slightly used but still viable items like office equipment, durable medical equipment and machinery.
6. Apart from individual membership & other contributions and fundraisers, what other plans does the organization have to fund its initiatives?
The organization also pursues grant-making institutions like foundations, international service organizations, government agencies and other philanthropic groups, including corporations and small businesses.
7. Where do I send my monetary and other contributions or ?
Each international entity of the Linden Fund can be contacted in its respective county of origin.