Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the mission and goals of the Linden Fund organization?
The mission of the Linden Fund is to play a meaningful role in the economic and social revitalization of the community of Linden, Guyana, with a particular focus on education, health and diversification of the townâ€™s economic base. Being an umbrella organization, spanning 3 countries, the Linden Fund can mobilize both the overseas and resident Linden Community in the effort at rebuilding our hometown. For more information, review our brochure (PDF).
2. How does the Linden Fund intend to mobilize the diaspora and resident community to get involved?
Each international entity of the Linden Fund is structured as a membership-based organization, to tap into the large blocks of Lindenites and supporters in the USA and Canada. A resident Linden Fund organization in Linden, including part-time staff, serve the local resident community, and in collaboration and consultation with community stakeholders, help to identify community needs and help guide the funding priorities of the Fund.
3. How do I become a member of the Linden Fund?
Each entity of the Fund is subject to the rules and laws of its respective county of origin, and therefore has its own membership criteria. Get information here on becoming a member of LF USA, LF Canada or LF Guyana.
4. What if I wish to make a financial contribution to the Fund but would like it to be used for a particular purpose, e.g. support for a particular institution or project?
Donors can name specific initiatives when making a contribution. However, in order to direct resources to identified areas of need, the Fund encourages giving without restrictions, so that funding can be applied in a systematic manner, to priority projects identified for the revitalization of the resident Linden community.
5. Does the Linden Fund only accept monetary contributions?
No, the Linden Fund welcomes both monetary and non-monetary donations that fit its priorities on education, health and economic revitalization. Such donations can include new or slightly used but still viable items like office equipment, durable medical equipment and machinery.
6. Apart from individual membership & other contributions and fundraisers, what other plans does the organization have to fund its initiatives?
The organization also pursues grant-making institutions like foundations, international service organizations, government agencies and other philanthropic groups, including corporations and small businesses.
7. Are my contributions tax deductible?
All monetary contributions to the Linden Fund USA are tax deductible, based on its 501 (c)(3) status. Non-monetary gifts will be assigned a monetary value and a tax deductible receipt will be issued by the organization. The Linden Fund Canada is in the process of finalizing its federal registration that would allow for tax deductions for its members.
8. Where do I send my monetary and other contributions?
Each international entity of the Linden Fund can be contacted in its respective county of origin.